Skincare and Age @ Sunday, September 23, 2012

Recently since I've realized that I'm expected to wear make-up, heels and carry a handbag and not a bag, I've been feeling, well old. Older than usual, and Austin's presence makes me feel a little insecure about the way I look - and no one does that. He doesn't say anything or look at me funny, I can't explain it.  Any at some point it occurred to me perhaps I do need to use eyecream. I don't think I have baggy puffy eyes, shadows or crows feet, and as my skin is still recovering from my last skincare trial of a certain sunscreen, and so I won't be trying anything new for a while.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion/Gel

My doctor (who's a guy, knows almost nothing about skincare and loves sorbolene) will be happy to know that I have re-found my HG Moisturizer (and won't be "experimenting" with other lotions/creams), I say refound because I was hesitant in purchasing it in Australia as it's $75 for a 125ml/4.2oz bottle (that's as big as they get), while at Sephora's it's only $36 for 200ml/6.7oz bottle. Yes I have realized that Australia is expensive (though not as expensive as Europe) because of import taxes and lack of fresh berries you could buy boxes of - boxes, not puny punnets. And so if we have friends visiting/traveling to/from the USA I always ask them to get me something. On of the items of my list is Clinque's bestselling moisturizer, it's the best one I've tried, and I've tried a lot. This is the one. As my skin has multiple personalities I've ordered both the lotion and gel, as one's for dry skin (lotion) and the other for oily skin (the gel). If you happen to go past Myer or David Jones do ask for a sample, here's the voucher.


Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller

A question the lovely lady at YSL (DJ, Friday night) gets asked a lot is "At what age should we start using eyecream?" and her reply was in your late teens/20s, or asap if you're over that age. I don't use eye cream daily, as the one I was using doesn't do anything - or at least anything as far as I can tell. Looked up some reviews, and it seems the majority of users agree. Though the results for each person varies, what might overall be great you might be allergic to. My first eye cream was Olay Regenerist's Anti-Aging Eye Roller, which I received in a competition. As there are many products for every purpose it's hard to know what to choose, but as we have a friend going to the USA, I've asked her to get me a bunch of stuff from Clinque including their 'All About Eyes', and it's only $50 for 30ml, here it's $60 for 15ml. Looking forwards to reviewing it in a month or so. What eye cream do you use?



Blogger Krissy said... on September 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM  

I used that Clinique moisturiser for a while but didn't find any difference to my skin...now I use Avene Cleanance gel moisturiser, I like that heaps better :)

Thats interesting that you should start using eyecream in your early 20's...I should get on that! I have a trial sized Clinique 'all about eyes' balm which I occasionally use...seems to work alright!


Blogger Charlie said... on September 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM  

At first I thought it was the Placebo Effect, as it's expensive (in AU), but then realized I've sampled many other expensive moisturizers too and had a bad reaction to them. I've heard good reviews about Avene, though haven't tried their products. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts