Grill'd - Yarraville @ Saturday, December 08, 2012



Earlier this week I was invited to the opening of Grill'd in Yarraville, across the bay.
Located at 18 Anderson St (it just opened on Wednesday 5th Dec, so it's not up on google maps yet) it's just around the corner from the station, 250metres away. So you can't miss it coming from the station - unless you go in the opposite direction.


There was a huge carnival sized panda plushie in the passenger seat.

The event started at 6pm, and we I arrived a little after (as I got distracted taking pictures of amazing costumes) and the event was in full swing. Guests were offered champagne on arrival, as we pondered on what to order. The staff were fantastic as always, with the except of one small slip up where a guy got the burgers mixed up, but then again it's quite understandable, as from the outside most look the same. I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the two either.


Getting there at a relatively early time we got a table.
An hour later the place was almost as crowded as a bar on Friday night,
and we had a common bar accident too (according to Emily, I don't do
nightlife that isn't considered cultured) - I was not happy about that!


We started with drinks. Apple juice!
I've never seen this brand before, love the bottle - and the photo.



Emily wasn't feeling so well, and hesitated to order, but with a little push she ordered 'Simon Says' - if you're not going to eat at a food event we are unsure why you came... A little mix up and she ends up eating my burger as we were told that was Bird & Brie. No pictures were taken as Emily eats like Jas, as soon as the plate is on the table the dish is inhaled.


I love this concept, part of Grill'd's CSR. Donating to a local club.


Did I mention that Grill'd does the best hot chips?


Bird & Brie

Eventually we get around to ordering another Bird & Brie. As I couldn't eat Emily's burger - I don't eat bacon/ham/pork, and have major swinophobia (traumatic event). The Bird & Brie was very good, though my favourite is still the 'Perfect Pear', but I did absolutely love the cranberry sauce and chicken. I've never had rubbery chicken at Grill'd. What I didn't like was that the edges of the chicken was a tad overcooked and hence bitter.

Grill'd Healthy Burgers on Urbanspoon

Overall we had a great night, save for the incident where a child spilled beer on me.  TMI, but required to understand the extent of my rage (I had a panic attack), my skirt and everything under it got wet. Also my socks and wool coat. Anyone know how to get beer out from wool?We're off to the dry cleaners tomorrow.



Blogger Krissy said... on December 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM  

Yummmm I love grill'd! Luckily theres one down the road from work so I pop in whenever I'm not trying to watch my weight lol :P
My fave is the field of dreams mushroom burger! And yes they do have THE best chips!

omg that is sooooo annoying about the kid spilling beer on you!! I would be pretty cut as well! Hopefully it comes out at the dry cleaners!

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts