Adventures at Daiso - QV @ Friday, October 11, 2013


Last Friday we found Dasio at QV. It's within walking distance of the one underground next to Dick Smith on Swanston (x) Bourke St. Isn't it odd that they're so close?


They have lots of origami paper, but they're all squares.
If they came in a larger variety you could use them to make invitations.


I've always wanted one of these, but I'm not sure how these work 
- never seen them before. Shall look up review before purchase.


Love the art & craft isle. Paper punches!


Bought these as le beau & I have always wanted to try some beading.
I once had a middle eastern very religious friend who was amazing at it.


Puffy paper balls also came in red and Wiggle Blue.
As soon as I figure out where to hang these I'll be back.
Lily quite liked them and bought some yellow & blues ones for the art room.


Cookie Cutters! They had a lot of cool kitchen stuff.


Mini Patty Pans. Perfect for truffles and rum balls.


Pretty things for the office.


My favourite things at Daiso are their organization stuff, like these boxes.


Fishnets. They sell everything here, including generic ties.


Lovely gift boxes. Love the Cath Kidston boxes! Bought the top one.
She does nostalgic floral patterns, a little is nice but too much is overwhelming.


Storage boxes.


Daiso also sells make-up and cosmetics, including lots of lashes!
All black, no feathers, rainbows or anything crazy yet. 


Have you been to Daiso?



Blogger Sue // www.suelovexx.com said... on October 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM  

Hehe I do visual merchandising for the Chaddy store :) the Bourke St store is actually a franchise while Chadstone/QV are corporate stores so they are separate to Bourke St/Doncaster/Highpoint/Abbotsford etc.
Origami can only be made out of squares but I totally agree, I bought heaps a while back intending to use it for decor and stuff but it's just sitting there collecting dust!


Blogger Charlie said... on October 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM  

Visual merchandising sounds quite interesting, fun and complex. How much $ can a sq meter generate kind of thing?

Have you considered making something like this? http://tinyurl.com/makx2jf I prefer the stars myself and keep them in clear glass bottles. :)


Blogger Sue // www.suelovexx.com said... on October 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM  

Yup and strategically positioning items to optimise sales, creating the most aesthetically appealing displays etc :D
Omg that's gorgeous! If I had the time I would definitely love to make something like that! The stars are great too :D

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts