@ Monday, August 15, 2011

Mail^^. Recived two tickets to "Snow Flower & the Secret Fan" along with a postcard, two badges and a cool flip card that if you flip fast enough it animates. Also got through another dot point of notes for law, on ADR, missing Ian :( but we know that we must move on, and he only lives in memories.

Picture possibley coming soon. (Of the package [in the mail], not Ian XD)


Winter means sitting close to heaters, feels great? Yes. Good for your skin? Perhaps not. As a result as well as still searching for the perfect [organic/natural] skin care products I am now also looking for a foot cream. Introducing...
Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme

Smells nice, coconut (and not the articfical kind) with a hint of peppermint. I had recieved this as part of a hand/foot care gift pack (it also had handcream which had gone off, the water seperated from the cream part; and a cuticle cream which I have yet to try), so I didn't know what to expect .

When I first opened it I thought it had gone off! I was expecting a cream, rather than caramel coloured "creme" (the type that comes with dessert). It's more of a gel really. The website says it's 99.4% natural, that's pretty good.

Does it work? We have yet to find out. Though also everyone says it does and is brilliant. Unfortunately I didn't google it before trying it, and now I'm confined to this seat till my feet dry - oh and the creme is sticky. Others have recommended you put it on before bed and wear thick bed socks.

A Review:
Pros: Works well, nice scent, soft feet the morning after.
Cons: One of the ugliest, most disgusting looking products I've ever used.
The Bottom Line: Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme is a great way to soften up calloused and dry feet, if you can get past the slightly repulsive appearance and texture of it.

As for hands... I recently recieved this...


L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream


I've used in once and didn't analyze it, so no review just yet. Worth every Penny" seems to be the conclusion of most reviewers. This hand cream was voted the best overall on some page (magazine site?) At the price of  $26.00 (full size) and $10.00 (travel size) [in the U.S.A anyway, that's the one I got], I think it's a bit expensive especially when you have a cream from each part from tip to toe. But some reviewer said it's an investment - but don't carry it in your bag, the foil packaging isn't exactly metal and is prone to holes.
Tip from a fellow reviewer: Stay away from leather

Another Review
Pros: Top quality, good moisturizing properties, pleasant fragrance
Cons: Expensive, can be somewhat hard to find
The Bottom Line: This is a good, old-fashioned, highly moisturizing, seemingly simple hand cream that is very luxurious. Treat yourself!


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts