Life During Exams - Part 2 @ Thursday, November 29, 2012

Since there's about 10 pictures on the last post, I've made it into two parts. My exams went from 27th Oct to 5th Dec-ish, so lots of stuff happened in between.


One Sunday I ventured out into the garden, and then remembered I was allergic to grass, and our gardener just also happened to be mowing the lawns. I've just realized it's strange that he was here on a weekend...



On the way to an exam, I found a few bird's nests on the ground, looks like the gardeners were around that day. Unedited lighting, it was very bright outside. On a Tuesday I did a scan thing, and discovered I'm in the top 40% of my group in terms of UV skin damage, not a good thing. Looks like we ain't leaving the house without a hat and sunscreen. Though I don't understand how we're excepted to wear make-up and refresh sunscreen every 2nd hour.



Afterwards we went for pizza, and by that I mean we had it delivered. I prefer to pick it up myself though, as it's only a few blocks away from the apartment. Dinner with le beau, who had gotten back early (he works in the country, takes V-Line), as we both had the same thing I didn't get too many pictures. BBQ Chicken Pizza from Panned Pizza (by favourite pizza place, thin based), perfect as always. Dessert didn't fair so well in terms of pictures, we had Tiramisu by Aurora Foods, it's the size of a muffin and comes in the process of thawing from the freezer. Very nice for freezer food, though I'll be making my own soon.

For a while nothing happened, awaiting to hear the verdict of my stats exam - scheduled for the 1st week of Dec.


Riot Art had a Sale, got the above for $7, but there's stuff you can't see.
Sequin boxes for $1 each. Stars and round rhinestones for $2 a pack.


I found these amazing bottles from Riot Art for just $1 each!

So much potential, I see homemade lemonade in the biggest bottle, herb infused oils in the Paris bottle, Vanilla Essence in the 3rd bottle, and perhaps a shelf for the heart bottles with random stuff in them. Haven't bought those yet as I can't carry them all on the train.


All that happened above seem so far away, so long ago, hence I really do need to keep the blog up to date, my perception of time's a bit strange. Like the way I talk about people it makes it seem like they're all in my life at the same time, and I just saw them a few days ago when in fact we lost contact years ago.



Saturday


Last Saturday I made some very unique pancakes, not sure if I did something wrong, or I just didn't like it. As you're meant to have it with fruit & honey/maple syrup there's no sugar in it. Fortunately the picture looks better than it tastes, a lot better. 9am lighting is lovely.


Sunday


Sunday Dinner. Pictures could have been better, but as the box was huge there was no where suitable to put it with decent lighting. "We" picked Sammy Boys Pizza Mr.T (17.50) which had tiger prawns, sundried tomato, mussels, calamari, garlic, bocconcini, herbs & a splash of chilli sauce. Love it, and I only have two criticisms: when it said a splash what they really meant was that the base was a chilli sauce as oppose to the original tomato sauce base. The pizza went down nicely with a glass of milk. Next time I'm going to ask for the BBQ sauce base. My other issue is that there wasn't enough prawns.

Other than that I do intend to eat here again. The pizza was very good, being almost panned based (think pizza hut) it's very carb loaded and not something I'd have as often as Panned Pizza. Sammy Boy's does look promising though.

Btw we ordered through eatnow, which is another delivery hero, delivery service that acts as an thingy between the customer and business. There's free delivery from Sammy's if you go through them. They offer paypal.


Monday


On Monday I took a card making class with Emily. The workshop was fun, the instructor lady was very nice, and she was a wedding planner before she had kids. She uses lots of stamping in her cards. I like it, and have never done it before, my style if more like like stuff on, add a few hearts, ribbons and don't forget the glitter and rhinestones.

The sessions are $7 and you make 2-3 cards (I think) and there's a yearly membership fee of $5. Unfortunately next year she's going with courses rather than pay as you go, so I'm not sure if I'm up for that kind of commitment, with my course, other classes and stuff going on. Those are the three cards we made, though I jazzed it up a little with 2mm rhinestones when I got home, and added a ribbon.


Thursday

Pink Ribbon Cookies, yes they do look like the bottom half of mermaids.

Thursday morning, I missed a dentist appointment because I got the time wrong... I think I also made cookies on Thursday. Though I'm not sure now, but at some point last week I made cookies for this thing mother was doing, some talk to her class.


Friday

Emily's after buying summer clothing, so we went to Harbour Town on Friday, finally got there around 4pm :P as we got distracted and I was late (PT after noon slows down).


Nail strips, sliver glitter by KIT at Mecca.

It's all about the application, if you get that right, no bubbles and it's all smoothed out you'll like it. If not well, it's not going to be a repeat purchase. They're $10 for 20 stickers, which if like me will get you 1.something uses, as I'll mess it up. But at the moment you can get them for free if you sign up for their newsletter, at their Melb Central store on certain random days.


At Harbour Town we tried on a billion different things. To decrease the chances of me being tempter to buy stuff I wore a dress and hat, when going clothing shopping you're meant to wear stuff that's fast/easy to change out of. This was not the case. Emily found a good quality skirt suit in a fuchsia plum, she didn't want a matching skirt, but I did :P. What's the chance that you'll find another skirt in exactly the same shade? If you change your mind and wanted to go matchy matchy.


Black Lace on Red Dress & Purple Maxi Skirt

Throughout the whole trip we found one dress we both loved - on the hanger. It came only in one size and it was closer to her size than mine, so we got her to put it on. Turns out to be a piece that looks stunning on the hanger but doesn't flatter anyone.

Purple skirt on the right was one of the couple things I bought. If you don't want to spend too much but still want to have nice clothing that suits you and makes it look like you have your own stylist, you'll need seamstress skills. Which I luckily partly possess, while my sewing machine skills are questionable I can see how you can style or alter things to fit you. I really like that purple skirt, there's only one issue - it's floor sweeping and possibly tripping. But I can easily take it up about 20cms and it'll be perfect. And it only cost $5. I also bought a white dress that's a size or two too big, which can be easily fixed by putting elastic in the back area so it gathers.


This was the best find of the day. $1 notebooks. 
I'd love to have a shelf of these, as I do like to collect pretty note books.

And with that I'm almost up to date, there's just two recipes scheduled. 
Blueberry Friands from Sept & Sugar Cookies. 


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts