Chocolate Chip Cookies @ Monday, February 04, 2013

As we had chocolate chips in the pantry and I felt like chocolate, I made chocolate chip cookies. My fourth attempt at cookies, I still remember the first time I made cookies, they were ANZAC (oatmeal) cookies and turned out perfectly, we made them in home eco class in middle school. My 2nd time I bought a roll of dough, M&M Cookies, they were too salty. The 3rd I bought a box mix, Duncan Hines's Chocolate Chip Cookies, way too sweet. On my 4th attempt I asked jas for a recipe and he recommended this one, which turned out perfectly. :) I found that 12 minutes was perfect. Crunchy on the edges and soft in the center. 




Note: Not my picture or an indication of how you should space them out.
They were all eaten before I had a chance to get pictures... and not by me.


150g salted butter (softened)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
1/2 cup milk chocolate bits


Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper. Beat 150g softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth and well combined. Beat in 1 egg.

Add 1 3/4 cups plain flour in two batches. Stir in 1/2 cup dark choc bits and 1/2 cup milk choc bits until evenly distributed. Spoon round teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays. Press down slightly. Note that they'll melt down and so leave at least an inch in diameter of spacing around each spoonful.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts