Creative Birthday Cards @ Saturday, February 02, 2013

Emily & I take a card-making workshop, and the lady who runs it has her birthday coming up early next month, and we're I'm looking for a card to make her (Emily's helping), as I know we can't get away with buying her a card :P Plus the last time I made a b'day card must have been at least half a decade ago. At the moment we're going with the balloons card.


 Washi Tape Card
I don't have the special tape...


Glitter Pop-Up

Note that each letter was made individually (in the original)... alternatively we can just buy those stickers. I feel as though this card is nice if you analyze it, but other than that no wow factor. Will involve trial and error, on where to stick the tabs would be fun though. 


Bunting Card

Quite easy, pretty tape (substitute with paper/glue if need be) and string
No wow factor present for me. Plus the inside... shall we get everyone to sign it? 


Party in the Card!

The 2nd picture is the front. It looks hard but I've found a tutorial for it. Balloons are made using a circle, triangle and string. If we can borrow the circle puncher that would make it a lot easier. I'm a bit confused with the string lengths though, the bundle part. Are they meant to be the same lengths?

Which card do you like the most?    



Anonymous Anonymous said... on March 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM  

Love the washi tape card! I adore making my own cards. I have a lot of supplies that I seem to have hoarded over the years, not to mention the added personal touch a DIY crafted card brings with it.

I got two rolls of imitation washi tape from Spotlight for $2.


Blogger Charlie said... on March 3, 2013 at 4:19 AM  

It's sad that not every appreciates a handmade card, though these days group signed cards work better in most cases. ;)

Thanks I'll check out Spotlight. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts