V-Day 2013 @ Saturday, February 16, 2013



*Replace with picture of the card I made for le beau*
Somehow I didn't manage get a decent picture of it, and he left it at the office, so no pictures till next week. 

While I hate V-Day I couldn't resist making a card or ten, this is the card I sent to le beau on Monday. He's emailed me to say he's received it, and love it ^^, and is curious how it got on his desk at work (we're a V-Line trip away in distance). :P 
  

On the way to the post office I came across conversation hearts! And got him a few. While we both won't eat them, I love the novelty factor. They're great to use in instead of sand/coloured rice in hurricane vases. As I didn't have my DSLR on me (on my way to the PO), no pictures were taken. 





Le beau sent me a card too, from the Forever Friends Collection, no that doesn't have anything to do with our r'ship. :P It's just a cute collection featuring teddy bears, and you can get them customized on the Hallmark site. It's personalized (via the site) and has my name (or what he calls me) on the front ^^, edited out in the picture above ;). A lovely surprise  as we both planned not to do anything other than place a message in the newspaper. His message glitched, so it didn't turn up... and so he wrote it on the blackboard and took a picture of that instead :) Fortunately he didn't instagram it, he know how I feel about that. 


Something that was more of a popular thing back home rather than here is that the mothers who usually are 'classroom helpers', (same type that runs for the PTA) Bree Van de Camp-esque ladies would make a little something for all the kids in the class. That's a nice idea. And no one is left out, it's like Christmas Cards & Candy Canes back in Elementary. I'd totally do it if I was an elementary teacher. 



I love this idea. Conversation hearts in an envelope, customized with the child's name, sealed with a pretty ribbon. Though I'd change it a bit, skip the heart and ribbon, and just sew a line (long stitch) across the top to seal it. 



Blogger Kay HermosaVogue said... on February 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM  

The card you made and the card you received are both so cute!!


Blogger Charlie said... on February 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM  

Thanks, but the first picture isn't the card I made. :P I made a version this card http://tinyurl.com/c7hzcj6

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts