March Samples and Reviews @ Sunday, March 31, 2013



LancĂ´me | Visionnaire
Some things are hard to judge from a week's use. This is one of those things. But like most high end serums it's loaded with long-term bad stuff like -cones and dimethyls. e.g. Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 Dimethicone

Palmer's BB Cream
The light shade suits me just fine, though I found that it emphasizes my dry spots, so I don't like it. I prefer L'Oreal's Nude Margique version. 

Kiehl's Fig Leaf & Sage EDT
A stimulating fusion of Fig Leaf and Sage with underlying hints of bergamot, citron and thyme. Infatuation at first sight actually it's not about the bottle at all as Kiehl's uses plain bottles. I got one of those postcard samples of this perfume and it's the first time I've absolutely become infatuated something on a postcard! And then I realized it's because someone I know wears this scent, Helen. I'll have to get a vial or a few more samples of this before I decided to purchase it or not. But I do like the price 30ml/30.00.





Clinque Acne/Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam 20.00 (US) or 36.00 (AU)
We've had this since Nov last year and have just finished it earlier this month, so it did last about 3 months. One of the first factors we consider when buying something is price. At 20.00 from Sephora I'd repurchase this, but not at 36.00. I do like this foam and with the Salicylic acid it tingles a bit, but it isn't drying. With the price factor set aside I'd still like to try other cleansers.





Lush - Putty for your Hands
This is pretty cool, it's similar to Lush's clay cleansers where you take off a bit and use that. It does moisturize, though it doesn't really suit me personally. But it did help my alchol dried hands (C&E's detol).This product was recommended to me by Helen, who's a surgeon and washes her hands quite often, so perhaps it would be suited to frequent hand-washers. I might purchase it.




Lush - 9 to 5 Creamy Cleanser
I do like this cleanser, as I didn't try to remove make-up with it I can't say whether it works or not, but others say it works. I'm adding this to my 'cleansers to revisit' list after I finish my stash. What I really like about is it that it's creamy, which is the best type of cleanser for those over 30. Oh and I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't react. 

Lush - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Roses! I love roses. It's a lovely scent, that dies down a bit after a couple hours. You can't wear perfume with this which can be a good/bad thing. Le beau loves this on me. :) It's a multi-use cream/lotion but I like to use it in the shower as a wash-off body lotion. But only in summer, I find it isn't moisturizing enough for winter - unless you use it as a regular lotion maybe. At 30.00/225g it's pricey, but still cheaper than Jurlique (they also do rose) and Kiehl's - which has amazing scents.




Lush - You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt
Is it just me or does this smell nothing like mango? It's more citrus for me. It's alright but I don't particularly like it. As I like to save my baths for bubble bars I used this as a wash-off lotion in the shower (and then used Dream Cream after I dried off). It's nice but not something I'd buy.




Lush - Dream Cream Body Lotion
I like it. :) It has an earthy scent, like what their stores smell like. So it doesn't go too well with your perfume unless it's a strong EDP. Best suited for summer as it's quite light.


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts