Dinner at the Pancake Parlour @ Thursday, May 16, 2013



Last Thursday we had dinner at the Pancake Parlour, Andy & I. 



He ordered the tabriz, which Emily loves and Jas points out it's mainly pasta sauce. 




I got the fish & (chips) salad with a pancake, "Barramundi & Salad". I actually like the salad, minus the celery, which is strange as normally I don't like greens and won't eat them unless with company. Though I really didn't like beans. 




Raspberry soda, love this drink, though I rarely have it.
I seem to scare people more than usual after a glass or two. :P 




For dessert he had the short stack with vanilla ice cream, their signature dish.




While I tried something new, the lamington. I was going to get the apple dessert, but not if it was canned apples. The lamington was very nice, two small cold pancakes, sandwiching unsweetened cream, drizzled with a sweet red jam, covered in chocolate and sprinkled with coconut. It was very nice, and I'd recommend it, though I could barely finish it, even thought it was small (I have a small apatite). If you get this in the full size it's better to share. 

Service was good/decent, the girl waiting at our booth was friendly, though she forgot the drinks till I mentioned them after the main. The food was slow to arrive despite not being very busy. But the manager was very friendly. :) 

The Pancake Parlour on Urbanspoon



Blogger Krissy said... on May 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM  

I've had the tabriz before! loved it.


Blogger Cabaret said... on May 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM  

I also love their raspberry soft drink.

I am very familiar with that particular Pancake Parlour, I worked there in high school as a dishwasher. We used to get free pancakes during each shift. Good memories.


Blogger Cabaret said... on May 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM  

By the way, they don't used canned apples, at least they didn't back in 2004-2005.


Blogger Charlie said... on May 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM  

Krissy - I've wanted to try the tabriz, though as it has pork in it I can't eat it. Jas says I'm not missing out on anything though. :P

Cabaret - It's kirk's isn't it? Free food just like subway and kfc :P doesn't it put you off eating it for life though? I'll ask about the apples next time, if they're fresh I'll order that dish. Perhaps they just taste canned?


Blogger Cabaret said... on May 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM  

It's a syrup/soda water combination. At least it was. I am sure many things have changed since I worked there.


Blogger Ivy said... on May 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM  

I've been eating at Pancake Parlour for years but I realised that I've only ordered their short stack's and cottage fries. I think it's time to try something new... that lamington looks really good!


Blogger Charlie said... on May 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM  

We always find their cottage fries very oily :( IMO Grill'd does the best chips. ;)

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts