Marketing 101 & HJ's $2 Whoppers @ Sunday, April 01, 2012
With upcoming technology and the invention of online buying, and especially the recent daily deals or group buy sites, businesses have found a new arena to promote their business and draw more customers. Blah blah blah, we did a project on the fast food industry in marketing, and only got points for effort :P missed most of the question. I don't do well when it's figure out the question and then answer it.
A great example of a very successful group buying/daily deals strategy is of Hungry Jack's $2 Whopper & Fries, "120,000 burgers sold countrywide in under three hours... the first time a major fast-food outlet had partnered with a group buying site in Australia, representing a new direction for the sector."
Though you might have missed out on that deal, they also have vouchers for $2 Whoppers, it's expired, by HQ has said they accept them. Expires 8th May 2012, and are available at 90% of HJ Au locations there's a link to the list. The other 10% are franchises. Also note that some will say you have also buy something else e.g. Chadstone & Brighton. And Knox doesn't accept them.
I've never had a Whopper before, though we had our Hungry Jack's back home, Burger King. What I expected (didn't memorize the picture) what something the size of McD's decreasingly small cheeseburger; what I got was a HUGE burger. Grilled beef, pickles, onion, tomato sauce and lettuce in a very big bun. They're normally just under $5, and for that size, you aren't being ripped off. It was very nice, as a very few months treat, though the best burgers are still at Grill'd, though they're more gourmet burgers and go for $10+. Though for a $2 you can't beat this. Well maybe, McD is lowering some of their prices e.g. $1 Fries (they've always been 1.95) and now their soft serve cones are 30c (same price as when I was a kid)! Not sure if that's just between 12-2pm by the way.
Hi. I'm Charlie. Capricorn. ISFJ. Engaged. From CA, studying events in Melbourne.
This is a blog about food, photography, hot chocolate & cupcakes, events, shopping, and the occasional beauty product review.
Want to contact me? Click here to email me.
Original Base Design
Base Editor - Erma97
Basecoder - detonatedlove
Original Header Design teacakehouse
Coding Assistance (IT)
Any resemblance to real or fictitious names, identities, characters, persons, whether living or dead, settings, situations, or other information, is purely coincidental and unintentional.