Types of Facial Cleansers @ Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Syndets aka Soap-Free Cleansers
- for sensitive skin
- low pH level = less likely to cause irritation
- often labeled as fragrance free, mild and non-irritating
- sensitive skin with acne, go for oil free and non-comedogenic
- e.g. Cetaphil
- includes milks, mousses and balms,
- help moisturize skin
- good for dry skin.
Gel Facial Cleaners
- oily skin
- have a light lather that helps to absorb excess oils on the skin.
- salicylic acid is good for blemishs, but avoid if using a moisturizer or spot treatment that contains this ingredient.
- ideal choice for removing makeup and keeping skin clean while on the go
- pen-weave cloths are better for dry or sensitive skin
- closed-weave cloths offer more exfoliation and are thus a better choice for people with oily skin.
- e.g. Olay, Neutrogena and Dove
Oily or Acne-Prone Skin
- Gel-based cleansers
- moisturize w/o clogging skin
- clean out pores and strip away excess oil
- e.g. Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash
- cream cleansers
- restore lost moisture and keep skin hydrated
- Non-foaming cleansers are also good
- Look for cleansers that contain glycerin and hylauronic acid, these ingredients draw water to the surface of the skin
- Avoid foam cleansers
- gel-based or mildly foaming cleansers
- Glycerin is a key ingredient it improves and protects skin... attracts just the right amount of moisture required to hydrate skin
- look for something that says sensitive or extra gentle
- e.g. Neutrogena’s Extra Gentle Cleanser (cream)
sathya nirosha said... on December 13, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.
Hi. I'm Charlie. Capricorn. ISFJ. Engaged. From CA, studying events in Melbourne.
This is a blog about food, photography, hot chocolate & cupcakes, events, shopping, and the occasional beauty product review.
Want to contact me? Click here to email me.
Original Base Design
Base Editor - Erma97
Basecoder - detonatedlove
Original Header Design teacakehouse
Coding Assistance (IT)
Any resemblance to real or fictitious names, identities, characters, persons, whether living or dead, settings, situations, or other information, is purely coincidental and unintentional.