Adventures of Spending and Saving - Part 2: Fashion and Beauty @ Friday, June 15, 2012
1. No impulse purchases - once again use the same criteria as jewelry. But this time asks if that style actually looks good on you, rather that it’s pretty. And if it’s a big ticket item e.g. $500, put it on hold and ‘sleep on it.’
2. Jewelry - What would you wear it with? How often would you wear it? - Be Realistic. Also it helps to know what suits you (gold/silver), if you have Miss Fisher’s hairstyle, there’s really no point wearing earrings – we can’t see them.
3. Perfume - Buy what you'll wear often, and they’re cheaper at Perfume Stores, Duty Free and Chemists. Ebay is 95% fakes, don’t risk it. And do not ever buy it because the bottle is pretty.
4. Beauty Products - Use what you got before you buy more. Some also recommend beauty boxes ($15 per month) and they cone with some full sized products, worth it most of the time if you’re into trying new products. This is a hard one, but perhaps only shop at Lush during their 50% off Boxing Day Sale.
5. Online purchases – Do try before you buy, if you can't make it before closing time put it on hold. Analyze. Also have a maximum of 2-3 packages coming at any one time.
6. DFO & Ebay are your friends, also warehouse sales. But know your size in that brand before you get there. Diff brands = diff sizing.
7. Timing - Buy most of your winter clothes during the June sales and summer during December sales.
8. Hair & Nail – DIY or get a friend to do it, unless for special occasions. Also look up offers by beauty schools, they sometimes offer free colouring or a cut as part of their portfolio.
Hi. I'm Charlie. Capricorn. ISFJ. Engaged. From CA, studying events in Melbourne.
This is a blog about food, photography, hot chocolate & cupcakes, events, shopping, and the occasional beauty product review.
Want to contact me? Click here to email me.
Original Base Design
Base Editor - Erma97
Basecoder - detonatedlove
Original Header Design teacakehouse
Coding Assistance (IT)
Any resemblance to real or fictitious names, identities, characters, persons, whether living or dead, settings, situations, or other information, is purely coincidental and unintentional.