Weekly Happenings @ Saturday, August 11, 2012

Spent most of the week in a zombie state, dead tired. Crashed twice on Monday, within the first 15mins of the IT lecture and then again in the afternoon watching last week stats's lecture. As a result of that and other happenings I'm two weeks behind and still have yet to attend my first stats tut. The goal this weekend is to watch the 8hrs and make notes. Also do weekly tests and start the projects. A missing youtube video on how to read the ASX isn't helping. I hate self-learning!


This week we had pizza cravings, thin based pizzas.
City Pizza Cafe on Liz. at $2 a slice was average, flat in flavour.


Monday Dinner @ Sea Salt
You can get your fish battered/grilled/crumbled.
We were having a deadly unhealthy week, but next week we'll get grilled.


Three supernatural books with female protagonists by three different authors. Monsters, angels and witches. All three girls' mother's are dead/near dead. A town in a lake, due to damming - things not to read at night. First two books sucked, first chapter failed to capture my attention, but the 3rd was very good, and intense. I've even downloaded the 2nd book. - And this ladies and gentleman is why I can't read books, within 72hrs of receiving the books I'd read an entire book (A Witch in Winter), and the first chapters of the others.

My Room Plan - also Current Placements

At some point this week we got back into wardrobe organization - planning stage. Looking to replace my bookshelf with a taller ceiling high one so that I can still have the current stuff on it (headpieces, books, craft items, Vintage Polly Pocket, more books) and also to have all my clothes on the shelves, and use little baskets and containers to make it all pretty and super organized. Today we went to a 2.80 shop and the reject shop for pictures and inspiration. At first I considered moving things around in my room, but it was just easier to replace a medium bookshelf and maximize space. Over the next few months I'll be sharing that adventure with all y'll.


Concluding the week after a visit to the dr we stopped by Ferguson Plarre for Lamingtons. Great customer service as always, the guy was super helpful on info on freezing/defrosting them. As he said they were amazing. This week they were on $1 special, normally 3.50. Worth it as a once in a while treat though. They're light and flurry and amazing - the softest sponge.


One last picture. ;)



Blogger Krissy said... on August 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM  

Just a random thought - you're over here from America, right? Whereabouts are you staying? Do you stay at the student village for VU students?

(sorry if I sound stalkerish LOL .. promise i'm not!! i'm just curious :))


Blogger Charlie said... on August 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

When I first moved here, back in middle school I went to boarding school, but eventually my family moved here because of a company transfer and got PR. I will get around to creating my about me page eventually. ;)

I heard the student village wasn't particullary recommended and the kids wanted to move out asap, they never said why though. It comes across as motel-like to me.


Blogger Krissy said... on August 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Oh so you've lived here for a while then! I thought you were just here studying :)
Hehe yes I'd love to read your about me page when you create it!

Hmm I never stayed there personally but my good friend did, and when I went there to visit her it wasnt too bad, I guess she had a 2 bedroom apartment type thing with a bathroom and kitchen but some of the other apartments didnt even have their own bathroom - only communal facilities :S


Blogger Charlie said... on August 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

Communal facilities sounds scary...

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts