Boxing Day Sales 2012 - Part 2 @ Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lush has an annual 50% off most of their xmas stock on Boxing Day, as well as a sale on some of their other stuff like those things in the dropper bottles and some other stuff in black containers. As I had my eyes on the 'prize' I didn't take too much notice.

 House of Fun Gift

I got there at around 8.15 and there were already about 10 girls standing around. Last year they opened at 10.30, fortunately this year they opened at 9am. After much analysis I think opening at 9am is better than 7am when everyone else opens, that way you have time to shop at other places first. I've tried and I can assure you that you can't be in two different places at the same time.

 Christmas Eve Gift 

As soon as the door opened girls swooped in, like boys tackling for the ball in rugby - except that I don't think anyone got hurt. It was just a classic female frenzy behaviour at a sale, everyone pounced at the front table which had about 10 small 100ml bottles of Snow Fairy. There was pushing and shoving and people at the front being squished as other behind them attempted to grab the last bottle. Three tried to get the lost bottle, I got it! At first I was only going to get one, but then there was that second of opportunity, and I couldn't resist.


Snow Fairy Shower Gel 100ml/5.00

While a group was fighting over Snow Fairy, the other girls ran literally (said the SA) to the gift packs wall. Tip: While in line form alliances, as long as you don't say you're hoarding all the gold (strike) Snow Fairy, it'll go well. Team work, you can grab the last few of item x, while she gets y, and then you share the loot. Or if one person's closer to the last couple gift boxes of item z she can pass you one. 



The next half an hour-ish was spent lining up, though it didn't seem that long, as we had company. Discussions about favourite products and recommendations. And a recollection from the SA, of how last year a guy stole a big bottle Snow Fairy from a girl's basket (under the direction instruction of the wife/gf of course, guy don't normally do that kind of stuff) - the SA recommends you hide the Snow Fairy at the bottom of your basket. ;) 

Something I noticed was between the online and offline store was the prices of a couple items. In store the moustache stick was on 50% off, but not online, vice versa with the midnight massage bar. There were quite a few disappointed girls. Fortunately I had ordered mine a couple days ago online. :P


 Golden Wonder 3.50

This is the only bath bomb/product I bought in stores that wasn't in a gift pack. I've read very good reviews about this and was surprised that there was lots left and no competition to grab them.

On Christmas Eve Lush had their online sale, which I unfortunately came too late to and missed half the stuff I wanted. I came upon it on their fb page, which planning for the 26th. Shipping is a flat $9 rate, so unless you're buying quite a few things that you can't get in store for the same price it's not worth it. But for me it was worth it, as I bought two boxes/sets as well as a few soaps/bath bombs. On the day I wouldn't have been capable of carrying everything I bought. The delivery was worth it, because other than my ability to carry stuff, the midnight massage was on sale but not in stores, and I didn't see the soaps in store.

We went slightly over budget, but it did include some items to be gifts I needed to get for 2013. Something I really liked was that with the gift boxes they includes non-xmas/limited edition stuff, like the Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bars and Whoosh Shower Gel, because that stuff is never on sale. 

The boxes are a great value, for example the 'Winter Wishes' box is around $14 and Each Peach bar is worth $7 (note that the box version is half the size of the normal one - pictures are decieving, read the description), the Ponche Gel is 12.50 (in NZ, sorry most of the listings on the site are gone) but I'll count it as $5. And so 2/4 of the items are worth $12 alone. The two soaps would be at least 100g together, and be worth $7.

    
We bought... for a total of $110*, with everything being on 50% off.
- Popcorn Scrub
- 4x Massage Bars
- 10x Soaps
- 6x Bath Bombs
- 5x Shower Gels


* $10 for delivery

Did you buy anything from the Lush sale? 


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts