Les Miserables @ Wednesday, January 02, 2013

We went to see 'Les Miserables' on Monday, it was good. Not something I'd normally see if it weren't a musical though. Pretty sure it's not a spoiler as everyone's seen/heard about it at some point, but everyone except two characters die. Actually I've just realize the Thénardiers lived too, but I think as a side character thing they were kinda forgotten, as the spotlight's on the couple that lives happily ever after.

I didn't actually realize that it's entirely in song, so I did miss bits as pieces, as my reading skills are better than listening. When I hear music normally I filter out the words, and unless I try really hard I don't hear every word. Looking forwards to renting the dvd - with subtitles.

My favourite character was Jean Valjean, one of my favourite moment was when the bishop gave him the silver which he stole and then he sings about making a new life and being a good man, which he becomes. The Thénardiers were a great couple, Mrs Lovett (Sweeney Todd) and Borat, they were hilarious as the conartists and tavern owners. The little boy who played Gavroche was amazing, and so was Isabelle Allen, who plays young Cosette and is the one on the promo posters. Loved Cosette's costumes, though she wasn't really a main character, and didn't go much. Everyone else did stuff/got killed or nearly did.    

Overall the movie was very good, my only comment, other than it was very very loud (more of a theatre thing) was that it was very very long (bring coffee). It would have been better with an intermission, as I may have fallen asleep twice. But if you haven't seen it I do recommend it. :) It's one of those things that I think is on many people's bucket lists.


 



 




Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts