How to Make Friends... or Not - Part 1 @ Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Today I did something I'd been wanting to do for months, it may have been clumsy and not structured and perfect but I did it! And I'm glad I did. Or rather the so-high-on stress-that-I-don't-feel-anything-anymore version of me did it.  

He said no, but didn't have an good reason, it's not because I'm insane, I analyze (everything) or because I turn up to class drunk (it only happened, once) though. :P 

After much deep analysis and finding myself on a train at Ringwood (I saw the sign, but it didn't register in my mind that I was on the wrong train!), I think when I asked him something, he heard something else. Something on the lines of 'marry me?' 

I'm not taking no as an answer. :P Emma says that's what rapists say. O.o XD

Emma, I asked him to join me for coffee as friends. Emphasis on the word friends. No wink involved. And it really is just coffee, not "coffee" back at my place.  



Blogger Krissy said... on March 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM  

Well, at least you asked and now you know, than not asking and never knowing! :)


Blogger Cabaret said... on March 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM  

Always better to ask. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

A few years back I was on a bus and a guy got off the bus, but on his way off dropped a note on my lap that read something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Sam, I promise I am not insane, but you look like someone I would get along with, if you want to catch up email me *address*"

Thought, "hey, why not?" and we have been friends since.

Sometimes the 'risk' pays off, and you will never know if you don't try.


Blogger Charlie said... on March 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM  

Krissy, if you did first year business at VU you might actually know this guy. :P

That's great Cabaret, I wished more people took chances, then we'd all have more friends :)

We're attempting round two next week. ;)

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts