The Kitchen - Elstenwick @ Friday, March 22, 2013

"Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love."
- That's the recipe for coffee, according to the utterly French statesman Talleyrand (1754-1838).



Introducing my favourite local cafe, a great spot to grab a coffee with a friend or with a good book. Interestingly I only ever go here on weekdays. Weekends are for le beau and work.



The Kitchen
Can you spot what's strange about this picture?


That's new. I didn't know they did pizza.
Though I've never bought anything but mochas here.


Anyone got suggestions for anti-glare in pictures?
I've just realized that guy looks familiar, it's possible I know him.


The menu is small, but there's always cake on the counter 
and take-away meals in the fridge. They also do salads.


Coffee's always 3.50, which is as cheap as it gets.
I love the mochas here, chocolaty but not too sweet.


Deco. On the right shelf, 3rd row, I spy Stephanie Alexander's book.


Cake anyone? When I used to go here a lot they only had the white one,
which is Banana & Coconut. The Brown is Choc & Beetroot and Dark Brown 
is Date & Walnut. I was going to buy this but forgot, plus I didn't check ahead
to ask what day they're made on. 


Not looking so fresh today, but usally the flowers are fresh.
I love how they always have flowers in glass bottles.
Once they had forget-me-nots.


le mocha


There's also outdoor seating if you prefer, and they've recently put up a shade-esque thing (it's not a shade shade, just a more of a measure so that you can sit outside when it rains, and it also creates a sort of barrier between Glen Eria road and the strip.

As I've never been here before with my DSLR I may have taken too many pictures, that and no one else has done a blog review on 'The Kitchen' yet, perhaps because it's a small local cafe that even people working down the road don't known about it. ;) But if you are in town I do recommend you try it out. The staff are always friendly and the mochas are perfect. 


The Kitchen Elsternwick Cafe on Urbanspoon



Blogger Kacie said... on March 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM  

I'm always going past this cafe but am yet to go in.


Blogger Krissy said... on March 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM  

Ooh I always love to check out local lesser-known cafe's! Thats how I found out about Kacie's cafe and went there with my bf one weekend!

Btw do you have instagram? I'd love to follow you if you do!


Blogger Charlie said... on March 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM  

I love exploring "new" places (places I go past everyday but never stop by to check them out), I have a book called 'One Day' lists of things I'll do one day, but then I realized life is too short. :P

Added 'Big Bear' to my urbanspoon wishlist :)

Sorry I don't do instagram, as I do believe it's a movement in the direction of the death of good photography. Though it does have pros i.e. being instant, instead of always a week behind. ;) But you know I take pictures of everything and post about almost everything except le beau & I.


Blogger Krissy said... on March 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM  

Aw fair enough - I know, you do post almost every day and your posts are always photo-filled so I guess that'll do! haha


Blogger Charlie said... on March 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM  

I post weekly actually :P (scheduled posts) but I reply to comments daily.

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts