Visiting the Departed @ Saturday, March 23, 2013


β€œTo live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
― Thomas Campbell

On Saturday afternoon I went to visit Ian, whom I haven't "seen" since the funeral. At first it was sunny but soon it was wet and windy, and so we spent most of the visit in the car - too windy to hold an umbrella. I haven't thought of him in so long, but something Austin said reminded me of him.

I still remember the first time I met him almost half a decade ago, he was wearing a red shirt and bk/w converse shoes. He was one of the best friends I ever had. But then something happened. He changed. That's not how I want to remember him though, I remember him as he was, and not what he became.

When I feel lost and don't know what to do in some situations I used always asked him what I should do. In a way he's been replaced by le beau, though they tend to have different perspectives and opinion. Before Ian died he was a therapist, though that's not how I met him, he was always good at advice - except when being silly. :P

Is it disturbing that you know someone so well that you know what they would say? I asked Ian about Austin and he tells Austin to run for the hills XD. Who's side are you on?! As a friend he tells me to try again, and just pick one character I portray and stick with that and above all no mind games, hidden meanings and psychoanalysis, just be honest. I'll give that a try this/next week (once again it depends on when you're reading this - my blog is always a week behind).

Do you ever visit the departed for advice?


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts