The Gals who picked that silly name are organizing a 20s Jazz Cocktail Party
And you are all invited! It's on Thursday 19th September at a location in the Melbourne CBD.
Dress to impress. I'll be posting the link to the fb event page closer to the date.
Tickets are $15-20 and include canapes. With all proceeds going to White Ribbon.


There'll be lots of gold and foil streamers. Perhaps a wall of them.


What would Daisy wear?


We I'm hoping to get a friend to do an act from Chicago.
It would be amazing to have "All that Jazz" as our opening act for the night.


While the 20s isn't my thing I do like this wedding dress.
I'm more into Downton Abbey than Gatsby's flapper style.


I plan on making my own hairpiece. 
Something white with feathers. No veil this time.
Hippy-ish style headbands that go around the forehead isn't my thing.
But here are some guides. one. two. three. I really like the 3rd.


A faux fur shawl would be lovely! I have one in white.
I do like Glomesh, they're a thing from Australia in the 60s. I have the one pictured.
As I've seen a couple of them around online I'm going to say it's a china copy.
The mini handbag, ivory with the gold deco is quite nice, it's from Colette.


Flapper Style.




For my outfit as dry-clean only beaded flapper dress aren't my thing I'm going for a more Daisy Buchanan style. A white polyester faux satin dress with organza overlay and black lace.


Work in Progress.

Tulle is something more of the 50s which is my style, along with Tudor/Victorian things.


Not certain on the head hairpiece, it's too small! But I've never wore it so it'll be a good opportunity to wear it, and as I'll be running around (operations & logistics director) it's more practical. However I'll still be on the look out for big white headpieces. :P  



Would you be interested in attending the event? 


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts