Monthly-ish Empties @ Saturday, October 05, 2013



Clinque 3 Step $114 (Full size kit)
The gel cleanser is good, but there's lots of other gel cleansers that are much much cheaper, that do the same thing e.g. Biore, Simple. The toner burns, as they don't offer sample of the sensitive one. I love the lotion! This is my favourite moisturizers even though it's full of chemicals, at the moment I'm using Trilogy which is more natural. P.S. I still think bun head at David Jones Bourke St hates me, so I always buy from Myer. 



Bloom Cosmetics - Aromatherapy Lip Balm $10
I quite like it, and would buy it again - if it was in a swivel stick. We got it for $2 at their warehouse sale.With the pot it's not hygienic and difficult to use. With this I microwaved it and with a syringe filled empty lip balm tubes with it. 




Clearasil - Daily Wash 150ml/$9
This one is a bit of a gentle scrub as well as being a creamy cleanser. I like to use it in the mornings. Just finished the samples, but I also have two full sized ones. Would I recommend it? Yes. Not sure if it removes make-up as I haven't tried that. 



Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser 1L/$18
My morning cleaner. It's very gentle and comes in a huge 1L pump bottles. Very economical. 

L'Occitane Green Exfoliating Gel 75ml/$32
Smells aquatic. I like it, but there are so many cheaper defoliators, like my peach St Ives.



Natio - Rosewater and Chamomile Gentle Skin Toner 250ml/$10
"Alcohol free, plant-based lotion to help purify and tighten pores. Helps remove last traces of oil and make-up after cleansing." This dose what it says, is alchol-free and smells great! Already bought another bottle. By the way, it's only $10 a bottle at Chemist Warehouse.

Contrasting the above is...




Kiehl's - Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner 250ml/$28
While this products is "Oil Free, Alcohol-free, PH-balanced, Paraben free, Silicone Free, Fragrance Free" I still feel like it's very chemical, though the brand itself is marketed as being pharmaceutical chemical. 

Lush - Whipstick Lip Balm 10g/$10
Smells nice but isn't moisturizing enough. Also I don't like pots, if it came in a stick I might consider it, but Burt's Bees is still my favourite. 



Shu Uemura - Cleansing Oil 450ml/$88+
Love this but it's not exactly affordable. Cheap cleansers also do the same thing, but if I was in top management I'd buy this. You can get it from David Jones.  

Palmers Cocoa Butter - Daily Cleansing Gel 150ml/$7
This is really cheap and it works quite well. I use it as my morning cleanser, it's basic and smells nice. 



L'Occitane - Shea Butter Hand Cream 150ml/$40
I love this brand, though it's $$$. Recently my hands have been crazy dry, and nothing seems ot work - except this. It's super moisturizing and worth the price tag. Highly reccomended for those with dry hands. 

Crabtree & Evelyn - Pomegranate Hand Therapy 25g/$10
I like it, it smells great, but the bottom line is that it's not moisturizing enough and I wouldn't buy it. Unfortunately I also have x2 full sized ones and around 6 of these travel sized ones. Please no one get me hand cream for Christmas. The good news is that it's going to be a while before I buy any hand cream or facial cleanser.




Crabtree & Evelyn - La Source Revitializing Foot Smoother aka Foot Scrub 150ml/$22
I like it but honestly don't think it does much. Le beau likes this scent, marketed as a unisex spa smell. And I'm certain there's cheaper foot scrubs out there. 


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts