Anything Goes in the Kitchen @ Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday 14th April

An hour late as I kinda slept in. Not a morning person. Though in terms of work I'm not a night (11pm finish) person either. O.o Maybe I'm an afternoon person?




Kid's activities aboard the ship! Well there was one activity (aboard) and this time we went exploring! Yay for exploring! As I'm accident prone I took someone with me, lovely guy who's great with kids (and knows he wants two kids, a backyard and a dog) which is amazing that he knows what he wants, as he's in his early 20s. Most people are saving for cars or traveling adventures.  




Below deck, below living quarters was the storage area, 
very deep, as this ship was a cargo ship.



The captain's quarters were nicer than the crew (upstairs and down) and there was a bathtub though people must have been very thin and tall to fit into this stuff. There was also a kitchen, games room and bathroom, though I didn't figure out where you take showers?



Kitchen - Upstairs
Impossible to see but there's a rat in this picture, hence the post name.



We weren't that busy today, lots of glitter involved! Didn't lose anyone, quite the opposite when I added someone to the group as I thought they were part of it, whoops! No one told me!

Back tomorrow. :) Oh and one kid pointed at me and called me a witch O.o well I suppose I did look like the 'Oz' one but not green. Another girl decided that I was the captain's girl, we all know who's really in charge. ;)



Oh and yes you can hire the ship for your pirate themed wedding!




Free doughnut from KK! (Do the colouring in activity). 


Late lunch at Purple Peanuts, I have a hair in my rice! And it's black! Clearly not my hair. I think that may have affected the taste (it's like seeing a bug!). Later we shall discover this was NOT a good food week!



A Cube of Yuzu Cheesecake


More like cake with layers of citrus cheese. It was lovely! Though small for $5.




Tuesday

Another day aboard, did some more exploring. Found half a door, that I would have to turn on my side to enter :P unfortunately there was nothing behind the door (picture above, before the captain's room).

Got a happy meal for lunch, they tried to sell me the adult version (no toy, or box and it was $1+ more, wth?). Nice try, no. Selling me things is very very challenging as the guy trying to get me to adopt sponsor a child who followed me from Southern Cross to Swanston discovered.



Picnic perfect scene, just ignore the dirty water. 

Crashed on the train. On the way to the station there was some boys humming POTC theme, lovely. I do feel as though I was judged more by the happy meal than my awesome tricorn.



Wednesday

Getting up at 6am to shop ain't going to happen - unless there's a major sale, and I have the item on reserve. But at 8am le beau & Lily were lining up to be one of the firsts to check out the 'Emporium' a collection of expensive (bad word in marketing) shops located opposite Melbourne Central. 5 Levels, with flagship stores. 

Lily tells me there was lots of free food, L'Occitane had GWP tote bags, and some other stuff. Uniqlo had its own lines, where le beau found some merino jumpers he likes, though I still prefer the Ralph Lauren cable knit ones. As he spent over $100 he also received a tote bag. 

Missed part of class as I slept in and was too tired to function. :( I don't like group work, as I'm not an architect I have no idea how to design an Aqua Center! I can do the pools with slanted bottoms, and other rooms, but I no sense of scale and know nothing of sizes.



As we can have up to 10,000 people at a time, there won't be a huge cake to cut. Instead I was thinking blue jelly cups with a wedge of orange and a pirate flag on top.



Is this too big? It's at least 15 meters squared. Also do we have a budget? 

There are a type of events I should not go to. Clearly I completely forgot that tonight. Events that mess with self-esteem. I feel ugly today. Even though le beau ensures me that that I'm not. Almost on any day being average is pretty good, if you think about all those below average people.





Ending this post on a good note, we had dinner at SpudBar, here's what Emily had. 


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts