The Emporium Melbourne @ Wednesday, April 23, 2014



There's a new shopping center in town (or the city), why? We don't know. From a marketers point of view it's because there as room/a space available. And what else were we to put there? From a consumer's point of view, it's just another money generating structure. It's completely unnecessary, there was no void to be filled. The city is full of shops, and we have Melbourne Central. The only thing missing I think of is 'Happy Lab' which has yet to open in the city. 

Note that I drafted this post when I was upset. The Emporium was a disspointment, why I was excited about going shopping I do not know. It's just another shopping center, one that is very unique. How so? There are no seats anywhere except in the food court area.





First shop we went to was Alannah Hill, the SA in the black lace dress was lovely. She asked me what my name was O.o which to me feel almost like asking for my credit card. :P I studied marketing hence most of the time marketing techniques don't work on me (unless they involved food) :P. 

When I arrived they had what I wanted in stock but I waited for Emily to arrive before the purchase, I gave up waiting (I do not wait, life is about me, I wait for no one) and went to the check out. Sold out! And bam! I had a panic attack! Jelly legs, racing heart, hyperventalation, tingling face. A couple minutes later I'm on the floor crying hysterically. Yes that was in public, I can't control it, and I did to the 3/3/3 breathing which worked for a while till I suddenly went into hysteria mode. Security found me quickly and offered assistance, but there was nothing he could do. But he was very nice. 

I called le beau but he didn't pick up (later he calls me, was the in shower). Wish he was with me, he's been with me when its happened before, and while he doesn't make everything ok, I get calmer slighting quicker. Also there's someone to catch me when I fall (litterally).      

And that ruined my day. What I wanted to buy was the limited (100) showbags, which included a single red rose. If le beau was there he would have gotten me a showbag (he's a great talker, and unlike me is one of the 'beautiful people'). He offered to buy me roses the next time he sees me (after I said no thanks to his offer to spend the night to take care of me) but it's ok. Consulted the dr who says that I might have linked single red roses to panic attacks, and they might be a trigger! So what he's suggesting is that this event was psychologically scarring! 

They had lots of showbags but they were only for PR/Media, which unfortunately I'm not. Journalism and being 'someone' like a stylist or a public figure/person on tv are the ways to get it. No event bloggers I think, though I'm hoping to change that. We shall ask mr events, though I think he area is business events like conferences rather than events where they have models and the 'beautiful people.' My specialty is events that don't involve them, and that's the way I like it. Samantha Jones would have been on the VIP list, we need a friend/contact like her. 

We have another observation at these types of events, beautiful people have it easy, free entry, drinks and freebies, they don't have to work for things or ask. They're just given everything. I'm potentially at risk of turning green. At one of the stores we went to some people were offered drinks, notably the beautiful people. Not me. If I asked I'm sure they would say yes, but I didn't want a drink, though it would have been nice to offer.

Though another reason I wasn't offered a drink could be because I'm not their target market, which is females in their mid 20s - early 30s, who are tall (probably, though you don't have to be tall to wear most of their stuff, other than a couple dreses, particulary with dropped waists) and thin. I am not thin, they do sell my size, but it's not preferable.  

Current Mood: I hate people! And I'm pretty certain a face reconstruction would hurt! That and Helen wouldn't reccomend it. Also feeling like a dwarf (but I do not believe 4'10" (147 cm) is the height of them). Though I do not have disproportionate body parts, I'm just short overall.  



There's about 5-6 levels, with the escalators being in the middle of each floor. One level underground level. Some of the bigger stores are on three levels, with escalators within the store. There's also walk-throughs to David Jones & Myer, and Melbourne Central. So you can enter from Bourke St and get to the station at Melb Central without going outside! We must try that sometime.




Black is a nice colour, which you could always brighten up with jewelry or red glitter heels.



We came across a tea salon, which involves scones with jam/cream for $6 each. Edit: I recall it being $6 but I was wrong, it's $8 and better be 2-3 large ones. This place is more of a cafe than a place like Hopetoun's. The children's menu looks great, shall attempt to get le beau to order it. They sell shoestring fries with aioli $10, sounds like the kind you can buy 1kg for $3 at Coles.  




I do like the styling of this display, going places with clothing elements.




Love 3D pop-up books!



Unfortunately they're more of display boxes than living spaces. 




Instagram promo, picture + follow for a free cap.


This store was interesting. Though Harvard would be more popular. 




 Superdry had an opening event, you're all invited if you RSVPed.


Statue of Death. :P Loving those suits, but kids grow fast so don't buy them expensive clothes that and they get dirty. But wouldn't it be cute for the ring bearer? Victoria's Secret is coming soon, hope they'll bring their American prices with them.




Level 4 food court, with the escalators as the centerpiece. 





Tiny sign, we almost missed it. We had dinner with Emily at SpudBar, she had the bolognese, while I had the Hawaiian. She didn't like hers, while I liked mine. They were out of lettuce (spinach replacement) and sour cream (yoghurt sub). Emily said bolognese with spinach is odd, while I think the size was odd. Chopped spinach and pasta works.   




Bolognese Spud



Hawaiian with Sweet Potato

Couldn't fix the lighting on that one, the lighting (white/warm) is dependent on the object and lighting in the area. We've got to figure out how to control that.

All these pictures are mine, stupid watermark from converting program (that came with adware) as the program that came with the camera doesn't work.


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts