May Empties & Samplings @ Sunday, June 23, 2013


Australian Certified Organic Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil 30ml/17.00
My 2nd RHO, I preferred this over the Atkin one, as the later didn't seem as effective of my skin, and scent was slightly stronger. I use RHO as a serum under my night cream and it think it has does do something, it makes my skin less dry and slightly more even-toned, though it's not a HG product. Would I buy it again? Yes. Interestingly this also comes as a 15ml roll-on for 13.00.



Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 125ml/75.00
My HG Moisturizer. Initially it was too much (I used to have oily skin when I was younger) but now that I have drier skin it's great. The only thing that isn't great is the price, which is double of what you'd pay at Sephora. Would I buy it again? Yes, after I go through my samples. 

Clinique All About Eyes Rich 30ml/92*
It moisturizes, but that's about it. I do believe you could find something that does the same thing cheaper. Though I bought this for $30 at Sephora. * I swear this was like $60 in AU last time I checked! (Last Oct)* The eye cream and moisturizer lasted 6 months for me with bi-daily use.




Lush - Angels On Bare Skin 16.00
We made this at an event back in March I think it was. I like how it was a gentle scrub. A pot of this lasted about 2.5 months as you only use a pea-size amount each time. Smells like lavender (you can see the lavender in it). Recommended? Yes, personally it was ok for me, maybe I'll get it after I finish all the cleansers I already have first. I didn't really see any results though, but it did exfoliate. 





C&E - Evelyn Rose Body Cream 170g/48.00
Really like the scent, but it should come warning: use in proportion. Overwhelming if you use it all over. It does moisturize but rubs off (like an eraser/rubber) and is pricey. Too $$$ to be used alone. Recommend? No. But I do like the scent...




FACE OF AUSTRALIA - Purifying Cleansing Wipes 5.00 
Out of the three wipes I tried (this, Wotnot & Australis) I like this one the most. It does the job and smells pleasant. Will be repurchasing this. Interestingly it also seems to be the cheapest facial wipe at Priceline (when not on sale). 

Lucas Papaw Ointment 25g 4.40 
This is one of those products that was all the rage a while back, the hype then moved onto rose-hip oil and later BB Cream. To me this is just like Vaseline, I don't use it for my lips, but rather dry skin e.g elbows and it does help. Would I buy it again? Nope, looking for the yellow organic version. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush 9.00/5.00
I've bought this product over and over again, while it's not unscented, it does smell nice. Unlike Cedel which smells chemical. With Batiste I spray it the night before and go to bed with it on and by morning its absorbed into my scalp (oily scalp issues). It also adds volume. And it just happens to be the cheapest dry shampoo too, at 5.00 for 150ml when on sale (often) at Chemist Warehouse




NutriShine by Colour Riche from L'Oreal Paris - 01 Nudy Pink 23.00
I've had this since Nov 2011 and have just finished it now :P I received this lip balm in a light pink, which almost has no colour. While it's pretty, not sticky and moisturizing, I wouldn't buy it again as it wasn't super moisturizing - and I still have lots of lip balms/tints left. 



St. Ives - Blemish Control Apricot Scrub 8.40
My favourite scrub I use 2-3 times a week. Purchased over and over again. When on sale at CW it's around 5.00. 

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap 200ml/30.00
I like how it's gentle, and you only need a little. It also doesn't dry my skin out or make it feel tight. However I fail to differentiate it from other gel cleansers at a fraction of the price e.g. Simple's Gel Cleanser 50ml/4.00. At 30.00 this would be the $$ cleanser I've tried.




Nivea - Pure & Natural Body Lotion 400ml/6.00
I really liked this. It had a light scent, unlike 'Body Rich Nourishing Body Lotion' (the blue bottle) and wasn't thick. Recommended. :) 

Kiehl's Creme de Corps 1L/98.00
A very rich cream, while it has a scent it fades and doesn't clash with perfume. A bit too rich for my liking.



Paula's Choice HydraLight Moisture-Infusing Lotion 60ml/44.00
Oh wow, it is very light! Has big claims, through you'd need to try it out long-term to determine that results. I really didn't like this product cause it smelt yuck! Worse than the seaweed cream. Within 5mins I had wash it off. 

Botáni - Boost Balancing Moisturizer 50ml/26.00
Oh wow the scent is strong! I'm put of by the scent if I was going to wear it alone. But under sunscreen and make-up you won't be able to smell it. I like this moisturizer, though it's very intense in scent. Won't be purchasing this one. But it is moisturizing. :)



L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Eyes 15ml/90.00
I've heard great things about this eye cream. After a couple week's use I did find that it reduced dark circles. Not that much though. I decided to purchase it anyway as I liked the texture, scent and many positive reviews - that and I had a 20% off code and got it for 72.00.

Hydrating Seaweed Cream - Jericho
A sample I got from one of those pop-up stalls in the mall, it smells kinda gross to me. Which is the deal breaker personally - though if it was amazing and layered with make-up it wouldn't be so bad.    


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts