Any Dream Will Do - With Crepes. @ Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday 17th August



Grandma's Egg Pancakes

Made pancakes which turned out to almost be crepes. It was pretty cool - I made it w/o help. The recipe says it makes 2 dozens but we found it made half a dozen, though perhaps I made them too big. I used a ladle to transfer it to the pan, one ladle full, swirl, wait for it to dry a little then add another ladle  I was amazing it worked! Le beau however has more faith in me than I do and didn't expected it to go as wrong as I did (last time I made pancakes they were doughy).

Le beau had his rolled up with lemon and sugar, while I had mine with banana and salted caramel. Someone started eating before I got a picture. Next time I'll add sugar to the batter. 


How do you like your crepes? Do you have a special recipe?



White Hot Chocolate with Rocky Mountain Marshmallows



On the date book we're working on, I've found the book we're going to use, need to buy the labels (A-Z) next. Le beau will then count the pages and divide them up.



This came in the mail at some point. I asked Lily to be my bridesmaid (my one and only, as my friends are unreliable/busy/not interested) and she said yes! :) Also asked Helen, though she said no as she's quite busy - and being a surgeon she really is.


Also in the mail, the perfect theatre snack. 
The sour apple's very sour!
Banana was yucky.   


On Saturday night instead of the usual crime & blogging night we went to see 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. It was very good. I loved 'Any Dream Will Do' which the beginning and the concluding song of the musical (aka the theme song). :P




The Stage



The Blurb

"The Biblical saga of Joseph and his coat of many colours comes to life in this delightful musical parable. Joseph, his father’s favourite son, is a boy blessed with prophetic dreams. When he is sold into slavery by his jealous brothers and taken to Egypt, Joseph endures a series of adventures in which his spirit and humanity are continually challenged. The themes of this family-friendly musical are universal and timeless.

This completely sung-through musical is set to an engaging variety of musical styles, from country-western and calypso to bubble-gum pop and rock ‘n’ roll. The score features the well known classic songs, Any Dream Will Do and Close Every Door to me, as well as many other songs including the beautifully melodic (Prologue) and crowd favourites, Go, Go, Go, Joseph and Song Of The King."



The costumes were interesting and there was a variety, hippies, 80s and 20s flappers (1920s Charleston ("Potiphar")) among them. Black flapper dresses with lots of beading and well beads, didn't see any sequins. :P I'd reconsider my 20s cocktail party outfit but the low waist no waist look is not my thing. The 5 Narrators wore ring master coats with tails, epaulets and those hats with gold braiding, which was very nice.  First one I've seen that doesn't require fishnets. It was a long coat that ended around the waist/hips at the front and black pants were worn with it and heels. Not sequins or glitter. As you can tell I do love costuming. Still looking for the perfect ring master costume, though it's likely I'll end up designing it myself.



Do you like going to the theatre?


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts