Hair & Beauty Empties - June/July @ Friday, August 23, 2013


Batiste Dry Shampoo 9.00
My favourite dry shampoo, I spray it on the night before and when I wake up it's absorbed into my hair. When it's on sale for $5 at Chemist Warehouse I stock up - that sale doesn't come around often. 


Cedel Dry Shampoo 7.00
First Impressions - Smells toxic, like hairdressing places. Comes out brown... a brown liquid. I normally spray my hair white (using Baiste) before bed, and it absorbs the oil and disappears. With this while I couldn't see it, if I touched my hair there was brown partials in it. So if you bought this, don't let him runs his hands through your hair. P.S. I'm currently brunette. 


Wotnot Naturally Nurturing Facial Wipes 8.00
Yuck! It smells gross. While it removes most of my make-up (toner does the rest) I can't get past the smell. However it is very gentle. But then it's one of the more $$ wipes. I prefer FOA wipes (in the background), highly recommended.


Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate 15ml/70.00
Smells like acetone aka nail polish remover. Interesting... it burns a little. Full of silicone and as about natural as ... chocolate flavoured cookies with vanilla flavoured cream. Won't be purchasing this. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream 125ml/64.00
I really liked this, 2nd to Clinque's DDML. But the brand itself is all about chemicals, nothing organic about that. Everything you put on your skin goes into your skin and that includes chemicals that could cause cancer and organ failure in the long-term.


Burt's Bee's Sensitive Night Cream 50g/30.00
I like it. It does moisturize, but other than that I'm not sure if it does anything. 

Natio - Renew Radiance Eye Cream 20g/14.00
Burns a little. But then I noticed it makes part of my skin crazy dry and flaky. Dislike. Also I found this more gel/light lotion like than a serum and it didn't feel special or anything. 


Jurlique - Soothing Foaming Cleanser 200ml/45.00
The first thing I noticed about this was the scent, lavender and something else. Creamy, I like it. Not sure if it removes make-up as I didn't try that. While it's not a HG item I would have bought it, but it's too much to pay for a cleanser, and I still have lots of other cleansers in my invo. 

Jurlique - Soothing Day Care Lotion 100ml/87.00
A light lotion, not sure if it was moisturizing enough for my skin though. But it did smell nice and didn't contain any very chemical ingredients. 

Jurlique - Calendula Cream 100ml/85.00
I like it but it's a bit too thick for me, unless I use it as a night cream. 


L'Occitane - Immortelle Precious Cream 50ml/82.00
It's thick, and so is the scent. I suppose I like it - but it's not moisturizing enough for my skin and cracks underneath my make-up. 

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance 100ml/84.00
I like it but it's not moisturizing enough for me. That are it feels very chemical. 


Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash 175ml/12.00
I like it, but fail to differentiate it from other gel cleansers (other than the oil-free bit, and the fact it's orange). 

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser 200ml/10.00
The first cleanser I've used that claims to remove make-up (other than the cleansing oils), and it works for my light daily face (L'Oreal BB cream + powder). Though it is a bit not gentle for my crazy sensitive skin. Recommended? Yes, but not for super sensitive skin.


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts