Monthly-ish Empties @ Monday, November 25, 2013


Lush - Snow Fairy Shower Gel 100g/$10
I love this stuff! It smells like Cotton Candy and more candy! Oh and there's glitter too. It's limited edition, July & Xmas only. First time I've ever bought this, bought two and a third because I had the chance to grab it, literally (girls at a sale, le beau stands back, watching, amused) actually that's not true, he was holding my stuff. I love this scent, and this year they have a massage bar with this scent! Unfortunately a lot of Lush things make my skin squeaky clean, dry and very itchy - and this is one of those things. 



Lush - Veganese Conditioner 100g/$14
I like this, despite a small bottles you don't need much and it lasts for ages. Smells nice. Nothing to rave about but yes I would get it again, maybe. $140 a litre. :P Unless I find something without the SLS, at the moment I'm experimenting with vinegar which isn't going do well.



Puretan Pure Moisture Coconut - Creme Scrub 250g/$28
Oh wow I love this! It smells like those coconut macaroons I made but more intense. Not moisturizing enough to not moisturize, but that isn't its purpose. Don't use a lofa, apply onto wet skin not standing directly under the stream. The only thing I don't like about this product is the price. By the way the Body Shop also has a coconut range with similar prices. But this does come in a smaller 65g tub for $13. Not getting it as I don't exfoliate, too fragile for that.    




Bioré - Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser 200ml/$10
This is my favourite cleanser that removes make-up. I kinda see it as a cheap Clinque that smells better. I'd buy it after I finish my cleansers collection.



Didn't try these long enough for a review. 
But surely a whitening thing can't be good for you.


Klorane Dry Shampoo $11
I like it, but it smells much more chemical than my Batiste. It lasts long, as in it can keep my hair "fresh" for two days while Batiste keeps it for a day. Unlike Batiste it's never on sale.



Montagne Jeunesse - Iced Crystal Face Masque $4
I've seen this brand around for ages and it's quite cheap so I've been meaning to try it. But things didn't quite turn out as expected. Yes this is a face mask, but not what you'd expect (a mud mask). MJ does a series of different types of masks, this particular one is not a mask. It's just a scrub that's marketed as a face mask, in that it's an alternative use. Leaving it on for longer than you would with a scrub. My main issue with this is that it look nothing like the packing (*suggested serving anyone?) instead it's a green gel, that seems to be separating with the watery component on top. Applied after exfoliating, with the skin still damp it feels like a mint - on your face. It stings! No where does it say not suitable for sensitive skin! Well now you know. That was disappointing. 



Nivea - In Shower Rich Body Lotion Skin Conditioner 400ml/$8
I like it, but it's not moisturizing enough for me. That are the scent puts me off, it's the Nivea scent. However when it's on sale it's only $5. So I shall buy it just this once.



Anonymous Anonymous said... on November 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM  

I've been curious about Snow Fairy because of all the hype around it, but I generally don't do shower gels for the same reasons you do!

I'm quite liking Klorane dry shampoo too.


Blogger Charlie said... on November 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM  

Peach they do have it as a perfume, limited edition. It's 30ml for $55 (including shipping) and online only.

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts