Red Pepper - Indian on Bourke @ Thursday, November 14, 2013

I think I like Indian food, namely Butter Chicken and Paneer Butter Masala we discovered this year on a food tour. We are making an effort to try new things though, but there's always the slightly unjustified fear that I don't like it and have to eat it because we bought it. Unjustified as none of my friends or le beau say that, if you don't want to eat it that's fine. Just order something else. 



During this visit to Red Pepper I didn't order the rice as always, instead I had the naan. Don't know why we haven't blogged about this place as we've been here many times with Emma and she has this place as a favourite for their butter chicken. I'm slightly very psychologically scarred dining her due to something that happened after, that also had no relationship to the place whatsoever. That must be why I haven't blogged about Red Pepper. 



Not my picture, Emma's? Think I picked up some pictures and put it together.

Last time "I picked Mango Lassi - which was great, even if jas didn't like it. It was thick and not too sweet. The butter chicken was very mild, almost hot, and so a drink was essential to soothe your burning taste buds. ;)"



The Left Room

Since we were here last they've rearranged the two rooms that make up the restaurant  register has moved to the left room and so has the entry. Lighting has also being changed (less in the left room).



Deco's fairly basic and can be vastly improved.



The Right Room. There's no upstairs by the way.



Paneer Butter Masala $14 

I like it, but it's a bit similar to their butter chicken, both of which are more than mild to be and require glasses of Mango Lassi. That and it's more spicy with lots of seasoning (other than salt) and not sweet at all, like the last time I tried this dish at another Indian place.   

It was quite loud, with people waiting for tables, and a very popular place. Good for a dinner with friends, but not so much for a date or nice quiet place. On a Friday night groups will have to wait longer to be seated. If you're offered a table next door at 'Green Pepper' note that they have a different menu, and not the butter chicken everyone's talking about.



What's your favourite Indian place?

Red Pepper on Urbanspoon


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts